since there was such nice weather outside, it was the perfect day to try and reinstall the fallen front door awning. the replacement brackets arrived yesterday, and we managed to find the remaining short screws that came with awning. the only thing that we were missing were small-sized washers, but we decided to forgo them. installation was easy because we were basically putting the awning back in its original position. the only thing was now we were going to secure the back of the awning with additional screws (instructions told us to do that but it seemed secure enough at the time we decided against it; but nailing down the back prevents a strong wind from lifting up the awning). there's probably matching holes on the awning clip but we couldn't get them to match; instead my father drilled 4 new holes into the aluminum rod. now the awning seems very secure and should withstand any sort of winds.