chatted with XL to confirm that wangyang will be working with her in venezuela next month. that's almost when XL has her first vacation (every 4 months), a 3 week return trip to china.
community garden plot (cgp):
* colder today, temperature 62 degrees
* put up the chicken wire mesh trellis with a staple gun
* planted: 1 hot pepper, 1 zinnia, 1 snapdragon (broken in half), 2 cucamelons, some moonflower seeds, some zucchini seeds, some nasturtium seeds
* 1 delphinium dried up, possibly dead from lack of watering
* rosemary doesn't look so good either, too dry, possibly dead
biked to belmont to collect lunaria (money plant) seedlings for the mid-cambridge plant swap tomorrow, saw a rabbit in raised bed 3, cornered it but it managed to escape:
transplanting the lunaria seedlings back to cambridge was a nightmare. i didn't pack them correctly (should've used old newspaper to fill up the spaces in the box) and every time i went over a bump in the road the pots would jostle and topple over. i could over ride home as slow as possible, which took twice as long as normal. when i did get back, my nose from runny from all the pollen that's in the air, but i couldn't blow it, just gently dab at it with tissues.
for dinner i used the leftover rotisserie chicken from yesterday to make some broth (30 minutes boil). i added some white ground pepper and what i thought was rice wine but ended up being rice vinegar. the broth turned out to be a little sour from the vinegar, but still edible. my nose was runny from eating this big bowl of hot rice noodle soup and i involuntarily went to go blow my nose until i realized what i was doing. fortunately it was just a few light blows so i don't think i ruptured my sinus cavity.